kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-13sarge1) oldstable-security; urgency=high
* Rebuild against kernel-tree-2.6.8-17sarge1 * compat_sys_mount-NULL-data_page.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix oops in compat_sys_mount triggered by NULL data_page See CVE-2006-7203 * pppoe-socket-release-mem-leak.dpatch [SECURITY] fix unpriveleged memory leak when a PPPoE socket is released after connect but before PPPIOCGCHAN ioctl is called upon it See CVE-2007-2525 * dn_fib-out-of-bounds.dpatch, ipv4-fib_props-out-of-bounds.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix out of bounds condition in dn_fib_props See CVE-2007-2172 * aacraid-ioctl-perm-check.dpatch [SECURITY] Require admin capabilities to issue ioctls to aacraid devices See CVE-2007-4308 * reset-pdeathsig-on-suid.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix potential privilege escalation caused by improper clearing of the child process' pdeath signal. See CVE-2007-3848 * bluetooth-l2cap-hci-info-leaks.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix information leaks in setsockopt() implementations See CVE-2007-1353 * coredump-only-to-same-uid.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix an issue where core dumping over a file that already exists retains the ownership of the original file See CVE-2007-6206 * i4l-isdn_ioctl-mem-overrun.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix potential isdn ioctl memory overrun See CVE-2007-6151 * cramfs-check-block-length.dpatch [SECURITY] Add a sanity check of the block length in cramfs_readpage to avoid a potential oops condition See CVE-2006-5823 * ext2-skip-pages-past-num-blocks.dpatch [SECURITY] Add some sanity checking for a corrupted i_size in ext2_find_entry() See CVE-2006-6054 * minixfs-printk-hang.dpatch [SECURITY] Rate-limit printks caused by accessing a corrupted minixfs filesystem that would otherwise cause a system to hang (printk storm) See CVE-2006-6058 * isdn-net-overflow.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix potential overflows in the ISDN subsystem See CVE-2007-6063 * prevent-stack-growth-into-hugetlb-region.dpatch [SECURITY] Prevent OOPS during stack expansion when the VMA crosses into address space reserved for hugetlb pages. See CVE-2007-3739 * cifs-honor-umask.dpatch [SECURITY] Make CIFS honor a process' umask See CVE-2007-3740 * hugetlb-prio_tree-unit-fix.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix misconversion of hugetlb_vmtruncate_list to prio_tree which could be used to trigger a BUG_ON() call in exit_mmap. See CVE-2007-4133 * amd64-zero-extend-32bit-ptrace.dpatch [SECURITY] Zero extend all registers after ptrace in 32-bit entry path. See CVE-2007-4573 * usb-pwc-disconnect-block.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix issue with unplugging webcams that use the pwc driver. If userspace still has the device open it can result, the driver would wait for the device to close, blocking the USB subsystem. See CVE-2007-5093 * powerpc-chrp-null-deref.dpatch [SECURITY][powerpc] Fix NULL pointer dereference if get_property fails on the subarchitecture See CVE-2007-6694 * random-bound-check-ordering.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix stack-based buffer overflow in the random number generator See CVE-2007-3105 * mmap-VM_DONTEXPAND.dpatch [SECURITY] Add VM_DONTEXPAND to vm_flags in drivers that register a fault handler but do not bounds check the offset argument See CVE-2008-0007
-- dann frazier <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:54:09 -0700
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-13) oldstable; urgency=high
* Rebuild against kernel-tree-2.6.8-17 [ Simon Horman ] * drivers-net-via-rhine-wol-oops.dpatch (removed): This patch breaks the via-rhine driver and 2.6.8 and is completely bogus for this version of the kernel (closes: #311357) * drivers-media-vidio-bttv-vc100xp-detect.dpatch Allow Leadtek WinFast VC100 XP cards to work. * fs-jbd-checkpoint-assertion.dpatch Fix possible false assertion failure in log_do_checkpoint(). We might fail to detect that we actually made a progress when cleaning up the checkpoint lists if we don't retry after writing something to disk. * mm-rmap-out-of-bounds-pte.dpatch Stop try_to_unmap_cluster() passing out-of-bounds pte to pte_unmap() * net-ipv4-netfilter-ip_queue-deadlock.dpatch Fix deadlock with ip_queue and tcp local input path. * asm-i386-mem-clobber.dpatch: Make sure gcc doesn't reorder memory accesses in strncmp and friends on i386. * drivers-acpi-pci_irq-elcr.dpatch: Make sure we call acpi_register_gsi() even for default PCI interrupt assignment. That's the part that keeps track of the ELCR register, and we want to make sure that the PCI interrupts are properly marked level/low. [ dann frazier ] * Merge in applicable fixes from 18.104.22.168 - netfilter-deadlock-ip6_queue.dpatch - rocket_c-fix-ldisc-ref-count.dpatch - early-vlan-fix.dpatch [ Simon Horman ] * drivers-sata-promise-sataii_tx2_tx4.dpatch Add SATAII TX2 and TX2/TX4 support to sata promise driver (Closes: #317286) * module-per-cpu-alignment-fix.dpatch Module per-cpu alignment cannot always be met From 22.214.171.124 * genelink-usbnet-skb-typo.dpatch fix gl_skb/skb type error in genelink driver in usbnet Backported From 126.96.36.199 * drivers-ide-ppp-pmac-build.dpatch Make sure BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_PCI is defined for pmac ide driver builds (closes: #321442) * fs-ext3-nfs-parent-fix.dpatch ext3 file systems mounted over nfs may lookup .. in dx directories causing an oops. (closes: #323557) * sparc-request_irq-in-RTC-fix.dpatch Use SA_SHIRQ in sparc specific code. From 188.8.131.52 * forcedeth-init-link-settings-in-nv_open.patch forcedeth: Initialize link settings in every nv_open() From 184.108.40.206 * fix-MPOL_F_VERIFY.patch Fix MPOL_F_VERIFY From 220.127.116.11 * fix-more-byte-to-dword-writes-to-PCI_ROM_ADDRESS-config-word.patch Fix up more strange byte writes to the PCI_ROM_ADDRESS config word From 18.104.22.168 * yenta-oops-fix.patch yenta oops fix From 22.214.171.124 * fix-de_thread-BUG_ON.patch Fix fs/exec.c:788 (de_thread()) BUG_ON From 126.96.36.199 * ipv6-fix-per-socket-multicast-filtering.patch fix IPv6 per-socket multicast filtering in exact-match case From 188.8.131.52 * ipvs-ip_vs_ftp-breaks-connections.patch ipvs: ip_vs_ftp breaks connections using persistence From 184.108.40.206 * ieee1394-sbp2-fixes-for-hot-unplug-and-module-unloading.dpatch ieee1394/sbp2: fixes for hot-unplug and module unloading From 220.127.116.11 * fix-sparc64-fpu-register-corruption.dpatch [SPARC64]: Fix userland FPU state corruption. From 18.104.22.168 [ dann frazier ] * drivers-block-raw-ioctl2.dpatch, drivers-block-ioctl-enotty.dpatch: Fix a bug in the block layer that causes a bootloader installation error under certain conditions - breaks installation on cciss devices. (closes: #354493) * Fix data corruption with dm-crypt over RAID5 (closes: #336153) * Fix VLAN support for 3c59x/90x series hardware (closes: #349774) * Fix erroneous calculation of 'len' parameter to NLMSG_PUT resulting in bogus 'error during NLMSG_PUT' messages (closes: #372621) * hp-diva-rmp3.dpatch, hp-diva-hurricane.dpatch: Add PCI IDs for newer Diva console ports
-- dann frazier <email@example.com> Sat, 26 May 2007 04:08:06 -0600
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-12sarge7) oldstable-security; urgency=high
* Rebuild against kernel-tree-2.6.8-16sarge7 which requires an ABI increment: * [ERRATA] smbfs-honor-mount-opts-2.dpatch Fix some regressions with respect to file types (e.g., symlinks) introduced by the fix for CVE-2006-5871 in 2.6.8-16sarge6 * mincore_hang.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix a potential deadlock in mincore, thanks to Marcel Holtmann for the patch. See CVE-2006-4814 * mincore-fixes.dpatch This patch includes a few fixes, necessary for mincore_hang.dpatch to apply cleanly. * dev_queue_xmit-error-path.dpatch [SECURITY] Correct an error path in dev_queue_xmit() to rebalance local_bh_enable() calls. Patch from Vasily Averin. See CVE-2006-6535 * dvb-core-handle-0-length-ule-sndu.dpatch [SECURITY] Avoid sending invalid ULE packets which may not properly handled by the receiving side triggering a crash. This is a backport of the patch that went into 2.6.17.y. It would be better to fix the receiving end, but no patch for the era kernel has been developed yet. See CVE-2006-4623 * bluetooth-capi-size-checks.dpatch [SECURITY] Add additional length checks to avoid potential remote DoS attacks in the handling of CAPI messages in the bluetooth driver See CVE-2006-6106 * __find_get_block_slow-race.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix infinite loop in __find_get_block_slow that can be triggered by mounting and accessing a malicious iso9660 or NTFS filesystem See CVE-2006-5757, CVE-2006-6060 * listxattr-mem-corruption.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix userspace corruption vulnerability caused by incorrectly promoted return values in bad_inode_ops This patches changes the kernel ABI. See CVE-2006-5753 * aio-fix-nr_pages-init.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix initialization of info->nr_pages in aio_setup_ring() to avoid a race that can lead to a system crash See CVE-2006-5754 * unmap_hugepage_area-check-null-pte.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix a potential DoS (crash) in unmap_hugepage_area(). No kernel-image builds appear to compile this code, so this fix is only for users that compile their own kernels with the Debian source and enable/use huge pages. See CVE-2005-4811 * ext3-fsfuzz.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix a DoS vulnerability that can be triggered by a local user with the ability to mount a corrupted ext3 filesystem See CVE-2006-6053 * hfs-no-root-inode.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix bug in HFS where hfs_fill_super returns success even if no root inode is found. On an SELinux-enabled system, this can be used to trigger a local DoS. Debian does not enable SELinux by default. See CVE-2006-6056 * ipv6_fl_socklist-no-share.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix local DoS vulnerability caused by inadvertently sharing ipv6_fl_socklist between the listening socket and the socket created for connection. See CVE-2007-1592 * core-dump-unreadable-PT_INTERP.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix a vulnerability that allows local users to read otherwise unreadable (but executable) files by triggering a core dump. See CVE-2007-0958 * appletalk-length-mismatch.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix a remote DoS (crash) in appletalk Depends upon appletalk-endianness-annotations.dpatch See CVE-2007-1357
-- dann frazier <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:08:07 -0700
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-12sarge6) stable-security; urgency=high
* Build against kernel-tree-2.6.8-16sarge6: * perfmon-fd-refcnt.dpatch [SECURITY][ia64] Fix file descriptor leak in perfmonctl system call which could be used as a local denial of service attack by depleting the system of file descriptors See CVE-2006-3741 * ia64-sparc-cross-region-mappings.dpatch [SECURITY] Prevent cross-region mappings on ia64 and sparc which could be used in a local DoS attack (system crash) See CVE-2006-4538 * __block_prepare_write-recovery.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix an information leak in __block_prepare_write() See CVE-2006-4813 * atm-clip-freed-skb-deref.dpatch [SECURITY] Avoid dereferencing an already freed skb, preventing a potential remote DoS (system crash) vector See CVE-2006-4997 * ip6_flowlabel-lockup.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix local DoS attack vector (lockups, oopses) in the sequence handling for /proc/net/ip6_flowlabel See CVE-2006-5619 * ppc-alignment-exception-table-check.dpatch [SECURITY][ppc] Avoid potential DoS which can be triggered by some futex ops See CVE-2006-5649 * s390-uaccess-memleak.dpatch [SECURITY][s390] Fix memory leak in copy_from_user by clearing the remaining bytes of the kernel buffer after a fault on the userspace address in copy_from_user() See CVE-2006-5174 * smbfs-honor-mount-opts.dpatch Honor uid, gid and mode mount options for smbfs even when unix extensions are enabled See CVE-2006-5871 * bridge-get_fdb_entries-overflow.dpatch Protect against possible overflow in get_fdb_entries See CVE-2006-5751
-- dann frazier <email@example.com> Tue, 5 Dec 2006 02:21:34 -0700
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-12sarge5) stable-security; urgency=high
* Build against kernel-tree-2.6.8-16sarge5: * [ERRATA] madvise_remove-restrict.dpatch [SECURITY] The 2.6.8-16sarge3 changelog associated this patch with CVE-2006-1524. However, this patch fixes an mprotect issue that was split off from the original report into CVE-2006-2071. 2.6.8 is not vulnerable to CVE-2006-1524 the madvise_remove issue. See CVE-2006-2071 * fs-ext3-bad-nfs-handle.dpatch [SECURITY] James McKenzie discovered a Denial of Service vulnerability in the NFS driver. When exporting an ext3 file system over NFS, a remote attacker could exploit this to trigger a file system panic by sending a specially crafted UDP packet. See CVE-2006-3468 * direct-io-write-mem-leak.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix memory leak in O_DIRECT write. See CVE-2004-2660 * nfs-handle-long-symlinks.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix buffer overflow in NFS readline handling that allows a remote server to cause a denial of service (crash) via a long symlink See CVE-2005-4798 * cdrom-bad-cgc.buflen-assign.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix buffer overflow in dvd_read_bca which could potentially be used by a local user to trigger a buffer overflow via a specially crafted DVD, USB stick, or similar automatically mounted device. See CVE-2006-2935 * usb-serial-ftdi_sio-dos.patch [SECURITY] fix userspace DoS in ftdi_sio driver See CVE-2006-2936 * selinux-tracer-SID-fix.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix vulnerability in selinux_ptrace that prevents local users from changing the tracer SID to the SID of another process See CVE-2006-1052 * netfilter-SO_ORIGINAL_DST-leak.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix information leak in SO_ORIGINAL_DST See CVE-2006-1343 * sg-no-mmap-VM_IO.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix DoS vulnerability whereby a local user could attempt a dio/mmap and cause the sg driver to oops. See CVE-2006-1528 * exit-bogus-bugon.dpatch [SECURITY] Remove bogus BUG() in exit.c which could be maliciously triggered by a local user See CVE-2006-1855 * readv-writev-missing-lsm-check.dpatch, readv-writev-missing-lsm-check-compat.dpatch [SECURITY] Add missing file_permission callback in readv/writev syscalls See CVE-2006-1856 * snmp-nat-mem-corruption-fix.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix memory corruption in snmp_trap_decode See CVE-2006-2444 * kfree_skb-race.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix race between kfree_skb and __skb_unlink See CVE-2006-2446 * hppa-mb-extraneous-semicolon.dpatch, sparc32-mb-extraneous-semicolons.dpatch, sparc64-mb-extraneous-semicolons.dpatch: Fix a syntax error caused by extranous semicolons in smp_mb() macros which resulted in a build failure with kfree_skb-race.dpatch * sctp-priv-elevation.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix SCTP privelege escalation See CVE-2006-3745 * sctp-priv-elevation-2.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix local DoS resulting from sctp-priv-elevation.dpatch See CVE-2006-4535 * ppc-hid0-dos.dpatch [SECURITY][ppc] Fix local DoS by clearing HID0 attention enable on PPC970 at boot time See CVE-2006-4093 * udf-deadlock.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix possible UDF deadlock and memory corruption See CVE-2006-4145
-- dann frazier <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 4 Sep 2006 10:01:37 -0600
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-12sarge4) stable-security; urgency=high
* Build against kernel-tree-2.6.8-16sarge4: * proc-environ-race-1.dpatch, proc-environ-race-2.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix local root vulnerability caused by a race in proc See CVE-2006-3626
-- dann frazier <email@example.com> Sat, 15 Jul 2006 02:48:56 -0600
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-12sarge3) stable-security; urgency=high
* Build against kernel-tree-2.6.8-16sarge3: * net-protocol-mod-refcounts-pre.dpatch, net-protocol-mod-refcounts.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix potential DoS (panic) cause by inconsistent reference counting in network protocol modules. See CVE-2005-3359 * netfilter-do_replace-overflow.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix buffer overflow in netfilter do_replace which can could be triggered by users with CAP_NET_ADMIN rights. See CVE-2006-0038 * sys_mbind-sanity-checking.dpatch [SECURITY] Make sure maxnodes is safe size before calculating nlongs in get_nodes() to prevent a local DoS vulnerability. See CVE-2006-0557 * smbfs-chroot-escape.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix directory traversal vulnerability in smbfs that permits local users to escape chroot restrictions See CVE-2006-1864 * perfmon-exit-race.dpatch [SECURITY][ia64] Fix local denial of service vulnerability (oops) in the ia64 perfmon subsystem See CVE-2006-0558 * ia64-die_if_kernel-returns.dpatch [SECURITY][ia64] Fix a potential local DoS on ia64 systems caused by an incorrect 'noreturn' attribute on die_if_kernel() See CVE-2006-0742 * smbfs-chroot-escape.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix directory traversal vulnerability in smbfs that permits local users to escape chroot restrictions See CVE-2006-1863 * binfmt-bad-elf-entry-address.dpatch [SECURITY][amd64] Fix potential local DoS vulnerability in the binfmt_elf code on em64t processors See CVE-2006-0741 * em64t-uncanonical-return-addr.dpatch [SECURITY][amd64] Fix local DoS vulnerability on em64t systems that arises when returning program control using SYSRET See CVE-2006-0744 * sctp-discard-unexpected-in-closed.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix remote DoS in SCTP code by discarding unexpected chunks received in CLOSED state instead of calling BUG() See CVE-2006-2271 * ipv4-id-no-increment.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix vulnerability that allows remote attackers to conduct an Idle Scan attack, bypassing intended protections against such attacks See CVE-2006-1242 * usb-gadget-rndis-bufoverflow.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix buffer overflow in the USB Gadget RNDIS implementation that allows for a remote DoS attack (kmalloc'd memory corruption) See CVE-2006-1368 * group_complete_signal-BUG_ON.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix improper use of BUG_ON in __group_complete_signal() See CVE-2006-1523 * madvise_remove-restrict.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix vulnerability that allows local users to bypass IPC permissions and replace portions of read-only tmpfs files with zeroes. See CVE-2006-1524 * mcast-ip-route-null-deref.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix local DoS vulnerability that allows local users to panic a system by requesting a route for a multicast IP See CVE-2006-1525 * sctp-fragment-recurse.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix remote DoS vulnerability that can lead to infinite recursion when a packet containing two or more DATA fragments is received See CVE-2006-2274 * sctp-fragmented-receive-fix.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix remote DoS vulnerability that allows IP fragmented COOKIE_ECHO and HEARTBEAT SCTP control chunks to cause a kernel panic See CVE-2006-2272 * amd64-fp-reg-leak-dep[1-3].dpatch, amd64-fp-reg-leak.dpatch [SECURITY][amd64] Fix an information leak that allows a process to see a portion of the floating point state of other processes, possibly exposing sensitive information. See CVE-2006-1056 * do_add_counters-race.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix race condition in the do_add_counters() function in netfilter that allows local users with CAP_NET_ADMIN capabilities to read kernel memory See CVE-2006-0039 * s390-strnlen_user-return.dpatch [SECURITY][s390] Fix local DoS on s390 that may result from strnlen_user returning a value that is too large See CVE-2006-0456 * xfs-ftruncate-leak.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix leak in the ftruncate call in the XFS filesystem that may permit local users to view sensitive information See CVE-2006-0554 * nfs-another-O_DIRECT-fix.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix a potential local DoS vulnerability in the NFS O_DIRECT code See CVE-2006-0555 * sctp-hb-ack-overflow.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix a remote buffer overflow that can result from a badly formatted HB-ACK chunk See CVE-2006-1857 * sctp-param-bound-checks.dpatch [SECURITY] Fix a bound checking error (remote DoS) in the SCTP parameter checking code See CVE-2006-1858
-- dann frazier <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 24 May 2006 19:57:56 -0500
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-12sarge2) stable-security; urgency=high
* Build against kernel-tree-2.6.8-16sarge1 * Add an ABI string to the package name. Use -3 to be consistent with most other architectures. * Add missing build-dep on module-init-tools
-- dann frazier <email@example.com> Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:53:28 -0700
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-12sarge1) stable-security; urgency=low
* Build against kernel-tree-2.6.8-16sarge1
-- dann frazier <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:58:28 -0700
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-12) unstable; urgency=high
* Rebuilding with added kernel-tree magic, as requested by the release managers to handle the abi breaking kernel-source-2.6.8-14 upload. * Also create the kernel-tree-version file in the documentation which mentions against which kernel-tree we did build.
-- Sven Luther <email@example.com> Sun, 20 Mar 2005 08:03:08 +0100
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-11) unstable; urgency=high
* Added kernel-source changelog in the kernel-image package. * Added mkvmlinuz as dependency to kernel-image. This is just a plain script, and will hold the debconfified postinst which will be run by the kernel-image to select the bootloader stuff.
-- Sven Luther <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 24 Feb 2005 07:59:54 +0100
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-10) unstable; urgency=high
* Built against kernel-source 2.6.8-13 : - add more USB card reader blacklist entries. Patch from Fedora via Otavio Salvador <email@example.com>. (Christoph Hellwig) (Bug #289247) - Replace smbfs-overflow-fixes.patch with a newer version from 2.6.10-ac that actually works. Thanks to S?ren Hansen <firstname.lastname@example.org> for finding and submitting it. (Christoph Hellwig) (Bug #283241). - expand_stack_reorg.dpatch Clean up mm/mmap.c's expand_stack() function, backported from 2.6.11-rcX. Needed for future security patches (Andres Salomon). - [SECURITY] 034-stack_resize_exploit.dpatch Fix exploitable race condition on SMP and HT systems where two threads attempt to expand the stack at the same time. This is CAN-2005-0001 (happy new year!) (Andres Salomon). - [SECURITY] 035-do_brk_security_fixes-2.dpatch Further do_brk fixes; just to be safe, lock everywhere do_brk is used (Andres Salomon). - Apply patch to fix compat cmsg_len checks (Christoph Hellwig). - Backport EFI partition support fixes from 2.6.10. Patch supplied by Tore Anderson <email@example.com> (Christoph Hellwig) (Bug #281905). - scsi-ioctl.dpatch Provide a warning about unknown opcodes (Andres Salomon).
-- Sven Luther <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:04:37 +0100
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-9) unstable; urgency=high
* Built against kernel-source 2.6.8-12 : - [powerpc - prep] Fix bad irq assignement for pci devices on motorola powerstack boxes. (Closes: #287933) (Sven Luther) - add dh_fixperms to the build targets to kernel-patch-debian-2.6.8 to ensure that the permissions of the files in this package are sensible. (See: Bug#288279) (Simon Horman) - [SECURITY] Fix vulnerability in the ELF loader code allowing local attacker to execute code as root, CAN-2004-1235. (Maximilian Attems) - Added backport of qla1280 driver from 2.6.10. (Norbert Tretkowski) - [SECURITY] 028-do_brk_security_fixes.dpatch Drop Marcelo's fix for this; use Linus' instead. Fix local root vulnerability for various do_brk() calls; ensure an exclusive lock on memory while modifying it; CAN-2004-1235 (Andres Salomon) (Bug: #289155). - [SECURITY] 029-random_poolsize_overflow.dpatch drivers/char/random allows you to set the poolsize; its sanity checking on that input isn's very good. We fix that here. See http://seclists.org/lists/fulldisclosure/2005/Jan/0270.html for more details. This fixes #3 on that list (Andres Salomon). - [SECURITY] 030-moxa_user_copy_checking.dpatch The moxa driver does some ugly things w/ signed integers. This fixes #4 on Brad Spengler's advisory (Andres Salomon). - [SECURITY] 031-sg_scsi_ioctl_int_overflows.dpatch SG ioctl stuff doesn't actually check whether the scsi command length is positive. #5 on the above advisory (Andres Salomon).
-- Sven Luther <email@example.com> Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:47:16 +0100
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-8) unstable; urgency=high
* Moved remaining powerpc patches (pegasos-via-ide and legacy-serial) to the common kernel-source package. (Sven Luther) * Rebuilt against kernel-source-2.6.8-11. (Sven Luther) * Removed kernel-patch-powerpc package, since all the powerpc patches are now part of kernel-source. Next version of kernel-source-2.6.8 should have a conflict/replace/provides, but for now please remove it by hand.
-- Sven Luther <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:42:34 +0100
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-7) unstable; urgency=high
* Rebuilt against kernel-source 2.6.8-10. - [SECURITY] Fix problems in binfmt_elf and binfmt_aout loaders; see http://isec.pl/vulnerabilities/isec-0017-binfmt_elf.txt for more details (Andres Salomon). - Adding drivers-serial-8250-ioremap-fix.dpatch: a patch from Alex Williamson that prevents setserial from crashing the kernel. See: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=109913237604338&w=2 (Dann Frazier) - Split out aic7xxx-update patch into separate changesets, and drop the pci-id-table and hostraid changesets; people are still reporting problems having the driver detect their controller (Andres Salomon). - VLAN updates (Potential fix for: Bug#280743) (Simon Horman) - copy_to_user checking in select.c (Potential fix for: Bug#278183) (Simon Horman) - Remove bogus DMA blacklist for RICOH CD-R/RW MP7083A (Maximilian Attems) - tmpfs inode accounting leak fix (Maximilian Attems) - Fix disconnected dentries on NFS exports (Maximilian Attems) - [SECURITY] Further smbfs overflow fixes, stolen from -ac tree (Andres Salomon). * Enabled the USB IrDA FIR Dongle device driver (CONFIG_USB_IRDA), which was apparently forgotten in the transition from 2.4. * Modified debian/rules to easily create or not the kernel-image packages. Drop the kernel-image metapackages since we have kernel-latest already. (Sven Luther)
-- Sven Luther <email@example.com> Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:43:26 +0100
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-6) unstable; urgency=medium
* Built support for the - now fixed - VGA console into the kernel, and added the VGA16 framebuffer as a module (closes: Bug#271852). * Removed the root filesystem option from the built-in command line (closes: Bug#270321, Bug#270326). On PReP, the kernel will find the root filesystem anyway if it is located on the third partition of the first hard disk. If you keep your root filesystem elsewhere, you will find a detailed explanation on changing the built-in command line in the NEWS.Debian file. * Enabled the CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN option (closes: Bug#273673). * Rebuilt against the latest revision 2.6.8-7 of kernel-source-2.6.8.
-- Jens Schmalzing <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sun, 3 Oct 2004 11:40:28 +0200
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-5) unstable; urgency=low
* Rebuilt against the latest revision 2.6.8-6 of kernel-source-2.6.8 (Jens Schmalzing).
-- Jens Schmalzing <email@example.com> Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:27:32 +0200
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-4) unstable; urgency=low
* Rebuilt against the latest revision 2.6.8-5 of kernel-source-2.6.8 (Jens Schmalzing).
-- Jens Schmalzing <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:33:27 +0200
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-3) unstable; urgency=high
* Disabled the LED blinking on hard drive activity again, since it looks ugly on some machines and gets on people's nerves (closes: #268359) (Jens Schmalzing). * Enabled default command-line options, which allows the majority of PReP machines to boot unattended (Jens Schmalzing). * Included an example script for debian/post-install in the kernel-patch package. The script adds the glue that mkvmlinuz needs in order to build a compressed bootable kernel from an uncompressed kernel and optionally a ramdisk. This is mainly intended for users who want to build their own initrd kernel-image packages on subarchs that don't have a bootloader, but is also useful for creating rescue systems capable of working around a broken bootloader installation (Jens Schmalzing).
-- Jens Schmalzing <email@example.com> Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:28:58 +0200
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-2) unstable; urgency=high
* Enabled the PPC 601 Fix config option (Sven Luther). * Built the PowerMac floppy driver into the kernel, making it possible to boot OldWorld PowerMacs using a miBoot floopy (Sven Luther). * Rebuilt against the latest revision 2.6.8-4 of kernel-source-2.6.8, pulling in a plethora of bug fixes (Jens Schmalzing).
-- Jens Schmalzing <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:59:16 +0200
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (2.6.8-1) unstable; urgency=high
* Removed binutils and oprofile patches as they are now upstream (Sven Luther). * Removed uhci.diff, which is not needed anymore since the g4-errata patch fixes those issues in a better way (Sven Luther). * Modified config files so CPU_FREQ is built only on powerpc (Sven Luther).
-- Sven Luther <email@example.com> Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:46:36 +0200
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.7 (2.6.7-5) unstable; urgency=high
* Enabled psaux compatiblity driver, since not having it will break 2.4/2.6 dual kernel installs, as well as current X configuration defaults (Sven Luther). * Enabled forced IDE detection on early Xserve G4 (closes: Bug#263058) (Jens Schmalzing). * Added a binutils patch based on a mailing list post by Tom Rini, in order to take care of the stricter opcode checking introduced by the new GNU assembler 2.15 (closes: Bug#263057) (Jens Schmalzing). * Rebuilt against the latest revision of kernel-source-2.6.7. Removed the pegasos and g4-errata patches that have migrated there, matched urgencies to synchronize entry into sarge (Jens Schmalzing). * Suggest kernel-tree instead of kernel-source (Jens Schmalzing).
-- Jens Schmalzing <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 5 Aug 2004 19:22:22 +0200
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.7 (2.6.7-4) unstable; urgency=low
* Built the Matrox framebuffer driver into the kernel again (closes: Bug#259250) (Jens Schmalzing). * Removed a number of useless .config options to get the kernel size down (Christoph Hellwig). * Built the voodoo framebuffer driver into the kernel again (Sven Luther). * Added G4 errata patch to fix stability problem with some G4 processors (Sven Luther).
-- Jens Schmalzing <email@example.com> Tue, 27 Jul 2004 17:10:28 +0200
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.7 (2.6.7-3) unstable; urgency=high
* Upgraded the pegasos.diff patch to the one submitted upstream (Sven Luther). * Built the console drivers for 8250/16550 and PowerMac Zilog serial ports into the kernel (closes: Bug#256798). In order to keep the overall size constant, framebuffer drivers for Matrox and Voodoo cards are now built as modules (Jens Schmalzing). * Modified the autobuilder hack in debian/rules to actually build the architecture-independent package kernel-patch-powerpc on other archs (closes: Bug#257752) (Jens Schmalzing). * Added necessary files for mkvmlinuz PReP support, needs mkvmlinuz >= 7 (Sven Luther).
-- Jens Schmalzing <firstname.lastname@example.org> Fri, 9 Jul 2004 17:00:11 +0200
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.7 (2.6.7-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Removed the Amiga SmartFilesystem (asfs) patch that has now been integrated into kernel-source. * Added a new and improved version of the UHCI host controller patch. * Split a small VIA IDE driver hack from the rest of the Pegasos patch. * Really enabled the OProfile profiling driver. * Converted from kernel-source to kernel-tree.
-- Jens Schmalzing <email@example.com> Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:42:38 +0200
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.7 (2.6.7-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release (closes: Bug#252230). * Added a patch to stop the UHCI host controller driver from freezing G4 systems (closes: Bug#255086). * Removed two patches that are now included upstream. * Added a recommendation of hotplug to the kernel-image packages, to ease the transition for people upgrading from the old monolithic kernels. * Removed the recommendation of mkvmlinuz, since it is perfectly reasonable to go without this helper on most systems.
-- Jens Schmalzing <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sat, 19 Jun 2004 22:16:13 +0200
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.6 (2.6.6-6) unstable; urgency=low
* Upgraded the Amiga SmartFilesystem (asfs) patch to 1.0beta6 (closes: Bug#252628). * Added a patch from the 2.5 BenH tree to enable the OProfile profiling system (closes: Bug#251708).
-- Jens Schmalzing <email@example.com> Sun, 6 Jun 2004 16:15:18 +0200
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.6 (2.6.6-5) unstable; urgency=low
* Worked around an annoying bug in the autobuilders, who are stupid enough to try to build this package on non-powerpc archs and choke in the attempt. * Removed the patch adding monitor mode to the Airport card driver. It is outdated, unstable, and was only intended as a placeholder from the very beginning. * Added a patch to improve support for the Radeon Mobility 9200 graphics card built into some G4 iBooks (closes: Bug#251163). * Added remarks about the machines supported by each kernel-image package to the descriptions in debian/control (closes: Bug#251062).
-- Jens Schmalzing <firstname.lastname@example.org> Fri, 28 May 2004 18:20:48 +0200
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.6 (2.6.6-4) unstable; urgency=low
* Added a patch to fix the 8250 serial driver so it doesn't hang the PowerMac G5 any more. This makes the g5 flavours obsolete, power4 should be used instead.
-- Jens Schmalzing <email@example.com> Sun, 23 May 2004 19:47:29 +0200
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.6 (2.6.6-3) unstable; urgency=low
* Made the kernel-build packages dependent on the kernel-headers package, since they are completely useless without it. * Built rivafb as a module (closes: Bug#248134). Apparently, the nv driver from XFree86 works just as well on offb. * Added dummy packages for keeping track of one flavour of the kernel-image packages across releases.
-- Jens Schmalzing <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sat, 22 May 2004 14:05:26 +0200
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.6 (2.6.6-2) unstable; urgency=high
* Added a missing symbol export to arch/ppc/kernel/ppc_ksyms.c, which broke a couple of filesystem drivers, including ext3. Hence the urgency.
-- Jens Schmalzing <email@example.com> Thu, 13 May 2004 15:57:31 +0200
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.6 (2.6.6-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
-- Jens Schmalzing <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 12 May 2004 16:44:57 +0200
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.5 (2.6.5-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Added missing build-time dependencies (closes: Bug#247288).
-- Jens Schmalzing <email@example.com> Thu, 6 May 2004 07:56:13 +0200
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.5 (2.6.5-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Nothing like a fresh start from scratch.
-- Jens Schmalzing <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 8 Apr 2004 19:36:20 +0200